Barque: Thomas Moore Network

Visit Barque: Thomas Moore at http://barque.blogspot.com

I'm looking forward to exploring this forum. Thomas Moore's writings hit on many of the themes I care about and struggle with, namely how to live an authentic life when so many forces internal and external make that difficult.

I've always considered myself fairly sucky at caring for my own soul, or at least in being able to do so in many of the traditional methods. I've never been any good at all at stopping to smell the roses. Organized religion absolutely exhausts me. The joy of raising a family has been a true joy--looking back on it anyway, the actually day to day endless routine of it was very hard.

I've finally begun to understand my soul, and what my soul wants is novelty of experience, mind expanding ideas to ponder, intimate discussions with interesting people. My passion is hearing about other people's passions, how they live their life, why they do the things they do, how change is possible.

In the small amount of time I'm not sitting around contemplating my soul, I'm busy with a career, a 25 year marriage to my best friend, two almost grown children, a mortgage and a mini-van.

Joining you from middle class America,
Ann

Views: 8

Reply to This

© 2024   Created by Barque.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service