Barque: Thomas Moore Network

Visit Barque: Thomas Moore at http://barque.blogspot.com

“It may take some magic to find the work that heals you and makes you feel alive. If you are not grafted on onto your nature and to the source of your life, you may be doing work that is dry and infertile. You don’t feel good doing it because it isn’t part of the system that includes all three parts: you, nature, and work. It is cut off and doesn’t have the juice that soul would give it.

To be grafted to soul means to be open to the life that pools deep inside you, allowing it to coalesce into a career or other kind of work. Your choice of work flows from who you are - from your interests, tastes, hopes, and values. As you work, you feel that you are doing something consonant with your nature. You aren’t working against yourself, not contradicting the person you are.

Here is my starting point in looking for a life work: Step out of the frenzied pursuit of the right job, look around at the whole of your life, and connect with the source of your vitality. If you begin with who you are and with the current of life you feel inside you, you will be grounded as you search and experiment. Your quest will be like a spring flowing from the font of your very nature, rather than a mere maddening search for a suitable occupation or position.”

Today’s Work: Spend some quiet time, perhaps in a natural setting, to think about the type of work that supports who you are and that flows from your authentic self.

Share your responses with Barque readers, by replying to this discussion.

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just got back from a beach walk on Jacksonville Beach where I sang "Over the Rainbow" (The Israel K. rendition, from Hawaii)to the waves. This is my husband's business trip, and I'm tagging along. As I walked the beach, my son called distressed; he's been calling like that lately as his girlfriend just broke up with him, and he's alone in a big city, far from his family. My heart ached as I listened to him, yet, it was easy to listen to him, and I felt good as I was able to connect compassionately. Yes, I'm in a hard place too, trying to get over a recent surgery and job loss, but it felt good to connect and just listen. This is still part of my life work: listening to others in distress, loving them, being a Mom.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Barque.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service